Apply: Complete the free admissions application. See the tips below for choosing the right application.
Check your status to get accepted: Check your email for any application updates. In order to place you into the correct
courses and get accepted to the College, we’ll need additional information from you.
See the “Getting Accepted” section below or check your To-Do list in Navigate.
Explore paying for college: Apply for financial aid.
Register: Once accepted to the college, we’ll send you an email with your registration options.
Our Enrollment team will use the information you have on file to suggest courses and
help complete your registration.
First-Time Student: If you are enrolling in college for the first time, choose this application option.
Dual Enrollment Student: If you are a high school student wishing to take college classes, choose this application
Readmit Student: If you are returning to York Tech, choose this application option.
First-Time Transfer: If you are transferring to York Tech from another college, choose this application
Non-Degree Seeking Student: If you are wishing to take a class at York Tech but not earn a degree, choose this
Regardless of your student type, you will need to submit a copy of your official high
school and college transcripts or official GED score reports. This information is
used for admission, financial aid, scholarships, academic advisement, and other purposes
Official High School and College Transcripts or Official GED Score Reports should
be sent to:
York Technical College
452 S. Anderson Road
Rock Hill, SC 29730
Additionally, your official GED Score Reports must be provided for documentation of
high school equivalency completion.
To be accepted to the College, you must complete one of the steps below.
- Provide official high school transcript showing graduation date with a 2.7 GPA or
higher (an official transcript is preferred to receive financial aid)
- You may ask your high school to send a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org, have it mailed directly from your school, or hand deliver it to York Technical College
Admissions Office in a sealed envelope.
- Request a copy online from Parchment (there is a fee); electronic copy sent to YTC.
- Send in your test scores. If you took the SAT or ACT and have qualifying scores, you can be accepted! The Admissions
Office uses these scores as guidelines in the student placement process.
SAT: (Taken before March 2016): Critical Reading: 480 Math: 540
(Taken March 2016 to Present): Evidence-Based Reading and Writing: 480 Math: 570
ACT: English - 21 Math - 23
- Submit your GED Test Scores: 165 Reasoning in Language Arts and 165 in Mathematics.
- Complete EdReady for course placement. You will need to log in to D2L and Self Register for the placement course. Additional
guidance may be found by accessing Self Registration in D2L courses. Please contact email@example.com with any questions. Remember to keep working on your EdReady path until you reach
your target score!
- Submit College Transcripts with a college-level English and Math course.
- Financial Aid - Apply for all aid, including SC lottery-funded tuition assistance, by completing
the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Some state scholarships (LIFE) and aid programs may not require a FAFSA,
but you're still strongly encouraged to complete the FAFSA and have their results
sent to YTC.
- Register - After you have received your acceptance email, you will receive a notification
with registration options.
- Once you register, attend a new student orientation session to obtain your student
ID, sign in to all student technology platforms, and get your parking pass.
- Orientation - Sign up for an Orientation session in-person or online.
- Pay Tuition - Pay tuition and fees by the published deadlines.