Applying to YTC
The entire York Tech family is excited you are considering us as your pathway to the
future. We are happy to provide quality education to our surrounding community.
Students who enter the College must possess a high school diploma or its equivalent, or be eighteen years of age or older.
Ready to Get Started?
If this is your first time completing an application for York Tech, please create an account to get started.
Sign in to your Account
If you are returning to complete or access a submitted application please log in below.
Steps to Enroll
Apply: Complete the free admissions application. See tips below for choosing the right application.
Check your status to get accepted: Check your email for any application updates. In order to place you into the correct courses and get accepted to the College, we’ll need additional information from you. See the “Getting Accepted” section below or check your To-Do list in Navigate.
Apply for financial aid.
Register. We’ll send you an email with your registration options. Our Enrollment team will use the information you have on file to suggest courses and help you register.
Applying to the College is free and easy! Create an account, enter your information, and submit your application. Once you apply, we’ll communicate with you about the status of your application by using your personal email that you enter on the application. Make sure to enter an email address that you check frequently!
Have you applied previously? Your account may still be available! Instead of creating a new account, use the email username that you used to apply previously. If you attempt to log in and your account is locked, contact us and we’ll be glad to help! If you’re unsure of the email you previously used, we can look up your account.Need help? Watch this video for steps on creating an account.
Choosing Your Student Type
First-Time Student: If you are enrolling in college for the first time, choose this application option.
Dual Enrollment Student: If you are a high school student wishing to take college classes, choose this application option.
Readmit Student: If you are returning to York Tech, choose this application option.
First-Time Transfer: If you are transferring to York Tech from another college, choose this application option.
Non-Degree Seeking Student: If you are wishing to take a class at York Tech but not earn a degree, choose this application option.
All applicants are asked to submit a copy of their official high school transcripts or official GED score reports. This information is used for admission, financial aid, scholarships, academic advisement, and other purposes to include
Life Scholarship or other types of financial aid eligibility
Admission into a program of study in the Health and Human Services Division
Official High School Transcripts or Official GED Score Reports should be sent to:
York Technical College
452 S. Anderson Road
Rock Hill, SC 29730
Official GED Score Reports must be provided for documentation of high school equivalency completion.
In order to be accepted to the College, complete one of the steps below.
- Provide Proof of high school graduation or a GED
- Copy of high school diploma or GED
- Official high school transcript showing graduation date with a 2.7 GPA or higher (official
transcript is preferred to receive financial aid)
- You may ask your high school to send a copy to email@example.com, have it mailed directly from your school, or hand deliver to YTC Admissions in a sealed envelope.
- Request a copy online from Parchment (there is a fee); electronic copy sent to YTC.
- Send in your test scores. If you took the SAT or ACT and have qualifying scores, you can be accepted! The Admissions
Office uses these scores as guidelines in the student placement process.
SAT: (Taken before March 2016): Critical Reading: 480 Math: 540
(Taken March 2016 to Present): Evidence Based Reading and Writing: 480 Math: 570
ACT: English - 21 Math - 23
- Complete EdReady for course placement. You will need to log in to D2L and Self Register for the placement course. Additional guidance may be found by accessing Self Registration in D2L courses. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Remember to keep working your EdReady path until you reach your target score!
AFTER YOU APPLY
- Financial Aid - Apply for all aid, including SC lottery-funded tuition assistance, by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Some state scholarships (LIFE) and aid programs may not require a FAFSA, but students are strongly encouraged to complete the FAFSA and have their results sent to YTC.
- Orientation - Sign up for an Orientation session in-person or online.
- Register - After you have received your acceptance letter, you will receive a notification to review your Academic Plan in Navigate to help you prepare and register for the right classes. Your Enrollment Counselor may also reach out to you directly for an appointment. You may also attend a registration event or request classes by completing our virtual registration form.
- Once you register, purchase your books, obtain your Student ID, and get your parking permit.
- Pay Tuition - Pay tuition and fees by the published deadlines.
Ready to Get Started?
If this is your first time completing an application for York Tech, please create an account to get started.Create Account
Sign in to your Account
If you are returning to complete or access a submitted application please log in below.Sign In
Schedule a VisitOur campus setting is designed to help you reach your highest potential.
Explore ProgramsYTC has a program that can put you on the path toward reaching your goals.
We're just a phone call or email away.
Student Services Building (J)
Mon - Fri: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm