York Technical College offers a variety of courses in an online format for increased flexibility in scheduling classes.
Students who take courses online must have access to a personal computer, regular
high-speed internet connection, a webcam, and a microphone. Online courses may include
materials such as video, collaboration tools, and online proctoring of exams in which
a webcam and microphone are required. Please see this list for more information on software, hardware, and connection requirements.
To determine if online courses might be right for you, read through the information below and take the Smarter Measure assessment.
Students taking online or hybrid courses should be:
- Familiar with and able to use computer programs including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and an internet browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox
- Able to save files in various formats and attach them to an email or upload them into D2L.
- Able to perform internet searches, use email, chat, and discussion boards.
- Able to study independently, self-disciplined, and have good study and time-management skills.
For questions regarding enrolling in online courses or course availability, students should contact Enrollment Services at (803) 327-8008 or email@example.com.
FAQ’S for Online Courses
A degree, diploma or certificate at York Technical College will give your student special skills and practical knowledge in fields such as industrial and engineering technology, health and human services, information technology, business administration, and other fields. York Technical College was founded in 1964 to help students prepare for careers that are in high demand in South Carolina and across the country. Most students are eligible for some type of financial assistance through federal grants and/or state scholarships. Your student can earn a marketable degree and be ready for a great paying job, with a minimum investment of time and money.
You can expect your instructors to be respectful, responsive, and supportive. This is a challenging time for everyone, but we are committed to helping you be successful.
Online courses are housed in the D2L Brightspace learning management system. To access your course:
- Go to the D2L login page.
- Click the YTC Login button (use the Guest link only if instructed to do so)
- Enter your username and password. Your username is your first initial, followed by your last name, followed by the last four digits of your student ID. (ex. jdoe1234)