Education Technology Center
Contact The Education Technology Center for your educational multimedia needs. The Multimedia Developer and Technology Specialist are available to provide technical services for on-line and other computer-based learning applications; to assist with audio/visual materials needed for instruction, student support services, and administrative projects; to assist with research and development of courses in alternate formats; and to provide related professional development opportunities to faculty and staff. The Education Technology Center is located in the Science and Technology Building room 243 and promotes technology in learning.
Student Session Outcome
Show your Apps - Student shared their apps by writing, listing, and catergoizing with bright colorful markers. Taped paper linned the Student Center Atruim walls while students enjoyed the experience of learning and networking together for this eye opening session.
ETC Faculty Development Support
The Education Technology staff provide the following technical assistance
- Course Development Opportunities and Examples
- Equipment Checkout Requests - Laptops, Dell tablets, cameras, digital video recorders, tripods, microphones (headsets and desktop), speakers, projectors, and student response systems
- Software available in the Center: Camtasia, Microsoft Office 2010, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Expression Web, SoftChalk, Crazy Talk and Audacity
- Smart classroom equipment training
- Brain Storming - assist with ideas and applications
- CD/DVD Duplication - create and duplicate CD/DVD's for online/classroom use
- Podcasts and Vodcasts - record, edit and archive audio/video for online/classroom use
- Video/audio production - direct, film, produce, render and record audio/video for online/classroom use
- Web pages - create web pages for CD/DVD, podcasts, instructor use, and multimedia projects
Listed below are some of the tools used in development of online/classroom multimedia:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Microsoft Expression Web
- Microsoft Office
- Windows Movie Maker
ETC Training and Manuals
- Mimio Interactive Whiteboard (Training manual) - A complete interactive whiteboard system that uses the dry erase boards and projectors you already have.
- Student Response System "Clickers"
manuals and Training Videos) - data collection and
assessment tool with an interactive audience response feature that
collects real-time responses from participants.
ETC's most recommended and FREE! online resources:
- Screencast-O-Matic - One-click screen capture recording on Windows or Mac computers with no install for Free!
- Poll Everywhere - replaces expensive proprietary audience response hardware with standard web technology. It's the easiest way to gather live responses in any venue: conferences, presentations, classrooms, radio, tv, print anywhere. Use any type of cell phone old or new.
- SkyDrive - Get 7 GB of free cloud storage for your files that's accessible from anywhere with access to free Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote in your browser.
- Dropbox - Free online data storage.
- Google Docs - Share and collaborate.
- Voice Thread - Upload images and presentations to share and get feedback in the form of text or audio. Use any type of cell phone old or new.
- Prezi - A cloud-based (SaaS) presentation software and storytelling tool for exploring and sharing ideas on a virtual canvas.
- Animoto - Animoto turns your photos and video clips into professional video slideshows in minutes. Fast, free and shockingly simple.
-Study online and on your phone for effective, productive learning.
Instructors/students can create flashcards, and stores lecture notes.
- Learn something new, useful and fun about your Mac, iPhone and iPad
For more free WEB 2.0 Tools follow this link to the Web Guru. A long listing of engaging and collaborative free Web 2.0 tools for just about anything you want to do in your online or face to face class.
|Stop by the ETC, email us, or give
us a call. We are ready to serve you!
|Denise Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org)||Manager/Video Developer||803-327-8030|
|Rickey Wages (email@example.com)||Technology Specialist||803-981-7330|
THIS PAGE IS MAINTAINED BY THE EDUCATION TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT
While every effort is made to ensure the completeness and accuracy of the information supplied on this web server, York Technical College is not responsible for any errors or omissions, external links, or individual opinions.