The Professional Development Program is directed by the Professional Development Council. A list of the 2011-2012 PDC members is included at the bottom of this page. The Council is composed of one faculty member and the Dean or Associate VP from each academic division, Associate Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs, three representatives from non-instructional staff, one administrative representative, the Dean of Learning Resources, and the Human Resources Manager.
Faculty members are appointed to the Council by their respective Associate V.P./Division Dean. Administrative and non-instructional faculty/staff members are appointed to the Council by the Executive Committee. Faculty, administrative, and non-instructional representatives serve two-year terms. Faculty members rotate in October of odd years; staff members rotate in October of even years.
The duties of the Professional Development Council include the following:
- Develop and implement an institutional professional development master plan and schedule to address college-wide needs for all employees.
- Promote professional development activities to enhance the competence of faculty and staff.
- Serve as a contact to review and evaluate professional development project applications and internal course requests submitted for development.
- Recommend professional development projects and internal course requests for funding to the President.
- Distribute award letters and serve as a contact for project follow-up and final evaluation.
- Maintain documentation of successful completion of professional development projects and internal course requests.
- Assess the effectiveness of the professional development process and utilize the results of assessment to promote continuous improvement.
|PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL 2012 - 2013|
Edwina Roseboro-Barnes (Chair), Human Resources Manager
Bridgett Golman, Associate Vice President - Student Services
Sidney Valentine, Associate Vice President - IET
Jack Bagwell, Associate Vice President - BCAS
Linda Weaver-Griggs, Associate Vice President - HHS
Sid Valentine, Interim, Associate VP for Economic and Workforce Development
Kathy Hoellen, Dean of the Center for Teaching and Learning
Shannon Godwin, Faculty Representative
Dexter Harlee, Faculty Representative
Brenda Odom, Faculty Representative
Sharlene Plyler, Faculty Representative
J.C. Clade, Faculty Representative
Brandy Piner, Staff Representative
Stacy Scott, Staff Representative
Yolanda Feaster, Staff Representative
Roosevelt Dixon, Staff Representative
Teresa Smith, Organizational Coordinator